Who is returning the Best Team?

Discussion in 'Football' started by AKFootballBacker, Nov 18, 2009.

1. AKFootballBacker

Expand Collapse

I think it has been mentioned a couple of times about next seasons prospects. But I though I would start a thread for the 4A division. I know that West Anchorage seems like a program on the Rise with that coaching staff and all of the talent walking the halls. And that East is the largest school in the State. But what is the breakdown of the Cook Conference? Or the Railbelt? It seems like Colony is returning a lot, is Wasilla going to improve, Juneau probably returns the best Talents in the State with Maka and the return of Fagerstrom.

What are the current thoughts about what teams have returning from this season?

2. Mysterio2012

Mysterio2012 New Member
    Expand Collapse

Yea that sounds about right. Looks like north poles out and wasilla is in in the railbelt, northpole loses...everything and returns nothing. Henert sure does have his work cut out fo him.

3. balash

balash Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I've been fighting the urge to start this thread. Glad you finally got it rolling, backer.

I don't see a real clear favorite in either conference for next year, but West and Juneau would appear to have the inside track. West is bringing back lots of talent, but needs a QB (rumor has it they have a QB transferring in). Juneau has Maka and Fagerstrom back, as well as the state's leader in passing efficiency, but they have a lot of linemen to replace and we'll see how the split continues to affect them (and they have a head coach to hire).

I think it's safe to assume South, Service, and Chugiak will be in the hunt. They all bring back some solid talent (South has Bauer, Service has Christy & the young RB, Chugiak returns most of their starters). I think Shack staying or retiring will be the big difference maker there. If Bartlett can get some athletes behind the entire returning offensive line they should produce, but how will they replace the senior-laden defense?

Palmer and Colony should be competing for the Railbelt title, as usual. I heard some whispers of the coaches at both retiring. If that happens it could possibly change things, but if their staffs stay solid these teams are always there. The race for fourth will probably be between NP (only returning 4 starters total, 2 on each side), WV with a new coach, and Wasilla who came on strong at the end.

I wonder if any dark horses will come out of the back of the pack. Will East, Dimond, Eagle River, or Lathrop emerge as new teams next year? It would be very fun to see that happen.

Insights out there, anyone?

4. Deacon63

Deacon63 New Member
    Expand Collapse

I dont see Lathrop being any good for a few years. There will be a time when they do rise above what happened last year. But it wont happen soon. I would say that Bartlett would be the best team coming back