where is jack perkins going to college?

Discussion in 'Football' started by crimsonbearspride, Dec 4, 2009.

1. crimsonbearspride

crimsonbearspride Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

i knew by watching jack perkins he was going to be a great talent for juneau but it turns out he is really getting some attention from college teams. i went to the nucfootball.com website and went under videos and typed in jack perkins and found his video. he can play anywhere he wants it turns out and he did pretty good when he was doing drills. i was curious as to where he was going.

2. Bockeroo

Bockeroo Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

honestly ive never heard of the NUC.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Jack-Perkins-98133

theres his rivals player profile. looks like the only school he was seriously recruited by was army, but without a scholarship offer from any of the schools on his interest list. i think the nuc is small beans compared to the nike camps, if he wanted to get some better exposure he should have visited one of them. it might be to late now, but i know there are some in the spring. if he went and competed he might get a late offer from a smaller school.

3. red_rover

red_rover Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Jack Perkins is the only Alaskan to have an evaluation on ESPNU, and also lists Army as the only team he is considering. 2 stars for an Alaskan I think is respectable for the national scene.

ESPNU has a few Bartlett players listed but has not evaluated any of them.

4. AKFootballBacker

Expand Collapse

I thought the Bartlett guys went down to the Nike Camps last summer. Where are they Going? Or Kauffman is he playing College FB? What about Some of the Cook LB's or Lee Jones from Up north?

5. scm343

scm343 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Jamal Hale, Cyrus Chenault and Jordan Blount O'Connor all went to the Nike Camp in Oregon. Jamal won the MVP of the RB position at the camp and was listed on ESPNU, Cyrus Chenault won the medicine ball toss at the DB position, not to mention he clocked a 4.5 forty there. They, along with all of our seniors here at Bartlett are still deciding on what they want to do next season. Junior Tufuga our Middle Linebacker who won the Defensive Player of the Year in both the conference and the state, has been invited to play in the Aloha Bowl, a high school all-star game in Honolulu which is on the 12th of this month. There are going to be a lot of players from Alaska going to play college ball somewhere this year, and regardless of whether or not its D1 thats great for AK football. Great Year!! Ready for the next.

Coach E.
    This post was edited on 12/8 7:25 AM by scm343

6. Football FUNatic

Football FUNatic New Member
    Expand Collapse

Jack Perkins sustained a pretty serious season ending knee injury when he played against Colony. I heard he had knee surgery, but from talking ti his coaches there are no offers on the table as of now. He is a great ball player and kid, we wish him the best.

7. jdoif0304

jdoif0304 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

army, navy, and air force academies don't offer scholarships. because if you get into either one your education is paid for no matter what. that is unless you get kicked out after your 2nd yr then you'll have to repay the gov.

8. jdoif0304

jdoif0304 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

does anyone know where Jamal Hale and Cyrus Chenault went? meaning walk-on or on a schollie?

9. crimsonbears44

crimsonbears44 New Member
    Expand Collapse

Jack perkins is attending University of Missouri Tigers. He is black and gold. Now part of the Mizzou family. Congrats!

10. athleticakkid

athleticakkid Active Member
    Expand Collapse

did he receive a scholarship or is he just going to walk on?

11. Bockeroo

Bockeroo Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/355217-missouri-tigers-providing-opportunity-for-alaska-linebacker-jack-perkins

he's just walking on. i hope he does well, but its a long shot for him. he had better stand out a lot in spring camp if he wants to make it. seems a bit small for a linebacker, especially in D1