when's shit getting back to normal?

Discussion in 'Girls-Basketball' started by Gurvin, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Gurvin

Gurvin Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

this staying at home shit is driving me insane

im ready to get back in the office and dick around on here full time like i used to

Lana and Virgil Cain like this.
  2. futurepanther

futurepanther Member
    Expand Collapse

As of now I start back May 24th.

The only positive to come out of this boredom is that I have been writing.

Lana, wiremaker, Ytry and 2 others like this.
  3. Ytry

Ytry Active Member
    Expand Collapse

May 1 as of now for me. I just want to be able to go out in public in large groups again, like bars and concerts.

dinkis14 and MIV like this.
  4. wiremaker

wiremaker Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Same. Writing more. I have to search for a creative outlet when I’m cooped up like this.

5. Popcorn Sutton

Popcorn Sutton Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I never thought I would be so thankful to be in the office doing mundane work. I would've been miserable sitting at home with nothing to do all the time.

BlackPowderVOL and Even Janitor like this.
  6. BamaCharlie

BamaCharlie Member
    Expand Collapse

Last week was our first where it was forced work from home and I am not a fan. In the weeks prior once most of the office chose to work from home, the only people left were people I liked. It was quiet and I got a little bit of socialization outside of my family. It was great. My wife and I are still working but it's rough on the days when my 19 month old son is being watched here instead of my parents.

Other than that, I'm so ready to just be able to do anything - play basketball, eat in a restaurant, go to a movie, send my kid to school, etc. This fvcking sucks. It's also hard to feel like it was completely unnecessary from Mobile, AL where serious infection is not a thing.

Popcorn Sutton likes this.
  7. BamaCharlie

BamaCharlie Member
    Expand Collapse

also - not worth a new thread, but what's up with Ones throwing it in our face that we have no recourse to the rise in shitposters? And then Mahler saying ticket, not LFKB, was the reason for all that?

8. mln59

mln59 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

it is quite likely that travis county (austin, Texas) will extend the stay-at-home order to the end of the month. i've been working from home since march 13 and i hate it.

i would like to open back up pretty much right now. i know full well that a second wave of infections will probably occur but that is going to happen regardless.

9. mln59

mln59 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

the stay-at-home order for travis county Texas has been extended to may 8th.

and, residents over the age of 10 are 'required' to wear face coverings in public if 6 feet distance cannot be maintained. for example, i now need to cover my face if i'm pumping gas.

10. wiremaker

Expand Collapse

Is that in Ones’ thread? Haven’t looked at it yet. Pretty fvcked up if true, but not surprising. That dude is as insecure as anyone I’ve ever come into contact with.

11. FLOPJOHNSON

FLOPJOHNSON Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

On the bright side they'll be paying you to pump gas soon

Virgil Cain and mln59 like this.
  12. lucio

lucio Active Member
    Expand Collapse

We opened the office and factory last Monday after being closed for 3 weeks. There is still a curfew set in place in the country from 6pm to 4am (it was from 4pm to 4am until this this).

Thankfully we have work and production for the next couple of months but Q3 is going to be a fvcking bloodbath. I will probably lay off more than 15% of my labor force

Lana and MIV like this.
  13. Popcorn Sutton

Popcorn Sutton Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

how bad has it been down there?

14. MIV

MIV Active Member
    Expand Collapse

What do you mean what’s up with it? It’s the truth.

15. lucio

lucio Active Member
    Expand Collapse

There are less than 300 cases in the entire country and 25% of the cases are from wetbacks that were deported the past couple of weeks.

Our president banned Europeans (plus Asians) since the middle of March, ordered a mandatory 14 day quarantine for everyone who entered the country and finally closed the airport on march 23rd. He suspended schools since mid march and public transport has been suspended for a month now. Also there is a curfew from 6pm to 4am (it was extended two hours this week as it was from 4pm 4o 4am). All these measures before we had a single covid 19 case. The economy is partially operating and most likely open next week with a bunch of health protocols and restrictions. Like the rest of the world, tourism and the hospitality industry have been hit the hardest.

There was stimulus package that went through congress equivalent to 2% of GDP to help with the economic crisis but won't do much good.

On march 23rd the president asked the non essential industrial sector to voluntarily close for 10 days but we decided to remain closed until April 13th.

15 lucio, Apr 21, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
    Lana, wiremaker, MIV and 1 other person like this.
  16. mln59

mln59 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Texas reopened state parks and elective surgeries were given the green light to resume today (under some strict guidelines).

we expect another executive order from the governor on friday that 'should' open things a bit more

17. wiremaker

Expand Collapse

Wow. Thanks for the update, I’ve been wondering what it was like in other countries from someone actually there.

Are there shortages of important medical items? Produce, meat, toiletries, shit like that?

18. lucio

lucio Active Member
    Expand Collapse

No shortages at all except for ventilators (like any other country) but a few thousand are on the way, which I think they won’t be necessary.
    Ohh and since 2 weeks ago is mandatory to use a protective mask if you are out of your house.