Week 4 Power Poll 4A Boys

Discussion in 'Boys Basketball' started by lv2hoop, Jan 12, 2020.

1. lv2hoop

lv2hoop Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

1. Dimond 6-0
    2. Colony 3-1
    3. Soldotna 8-1
    4. East 3-1
    5. Thunder Mtn 8-1
    6. West Valley 3-1
    7. Ketchikan 5-2
    8. Service 6-2
    9. South 5-2
    10. West 3-1

Dimond has recaptured the #1 ranking this week with their dominance at the Alaska Prep Shootout with strong wins over Palmer, Grace Christian, and West Valley. The Lynx seemingly have reloaded after the loss of three starters off of last year’s state runner up squad.

ethoosier likes this.
  2. kmch

kmch Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Good list. I think West May be better than some above them. Dimond seemingly acquired the 2a poy and isn’t their big man from West? Biggest most athletic guy in the CIC? Do they have the Caleb kid that had the dunk this summer at uaa that got posted? Didn’t seem like it on stream.

3. ArizonaJoe

ArizonaJoe Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Here are my 3A , 2A & 1A picks :

3A
    1. Barrow (5-0)
    2. Monroe Catholic (5-3)
    3. ACS (5-1)
    4. Grace Christian (7-2)
    5. Delta (4-2)

2A
    1. Petersburg (7-0)
    2. Cordova (5-1)
    3. Haines (3-3)
    4. Unalaska (4-2)
    5. Metlakatla (3-1)

1A
    1. Lumen Christi (7-1)
    2. King Cove (4-0)
    3. Ninilchik (6-0)
    4. Minto (3-1)
    5. Klawock (3-1)

3 ArizonaJoe, Jan 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  4. 3_wisemen

3_wisemen Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Dimond reloads with 6’4 west transfer and 2a player of the year. Would still like to hear how that player is cleared to play after playing for one of dimonds assistant coaches for two summers. Felt like precedent was established last year with chugiak. Will never get answer to that though.

5. kmch

kmch Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Amen. I was told that the perception is that Monroe has scholarships and recruits etc. and that perception is reality even if it’s not true. The perception is that Dimond was held to a different rule than Chugiak. A rule isn’t a rule unless it’s enforced right? Just really curious how it all works. Seems like he should have to play for a different Anchorage school unless he transferred and enrolled last spring.

5 kmch, Jan 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
  6. ethoosier

ethoosier Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

It’s interesting that Dimond uses Aidan Ivanoff as their 6th man. He adds a great deal of ball handling and a scoring punch off the bench for them. I have not seen the Caleb kid play this year, I’m not sure if he’s injured or what the deal is.

I am interested to see what West has this year, with their starting point guard moving to Texas and Isaiah Grant coming to Dimond. I suspect they will be young and athletic, if I remember they had a pretty good JV squad last year.

As Colony found out, no one goes undefeated. Dimond has South and a very hungry and talented East squad this week. No rest for the wicked...they better be ready or they too will quickly have a blemish on their record.

7. akhobbes007

akhobbes007 Member
    Expand Collapse

We get to see Monroe vs Barrow in the Joe T in 2 days, can't wait see that match up. Monroe was looking tough in their tournament
    We get to see Monroe vs Barrow in the Joe T on Saturday at 2:40, can't wait see that match up. Monroe was looking tough in their tournament and its always a battle between those two teams. :)

ArizonaJoe likes this.
  8. _nanook_

_nanook_ New Member
    Expand Collapse

Why is Ketchikan still ranked so low, they beat the previous weeks #1? And Soldotna is a little high.

9. ethoosier

ethoosier Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I would probably have it

1. Dimond
    2. Colony
    3. East
    4. West Valley
    5a - d Soldotna, Ketchikan, Bartlett and Thunder Mtn. pretty close to call. Yes Ketchikan has the signature win, but have been a bit up and down. I think all four are solid teams.

East is really good. I think they are getting slept on a little bit.

9 ethoosier, Jan 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2020