The Last Dance

Discussion in 'Girls-Basketball' started by wiremaker, Apr 22, 2020.

1. wiremaker

wiremaker Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Late to the party, didn’t get to watch until yesterday. Sat there with a smile on my face for two hours. I loved it, particularly all the NCAA footage of Jordan and Pippen.

Is breaking up that team after ‘98 the most indefensible decision ever made by a GM/owner? I’m sure there are worse decisions, particularly in retrospect, but it seems that decision cannot be defended. There is no list of cons to outweigh the pros.

Even Janitor likes this.
  2. uderricky

uderricky Member
    Expand Collapse

Krause was a fvcking loon but the relationships appeared to be getting dicey at that point anyway.

3. Even Janitor

Even Janitor Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

What kind of a jackass doesn't do his damnedest to keep pippen happy though? Contract or not, at the end of the day you want that guy on your team and happy to be there.

4. uderricky

uderricky Member
    Expand Collapse

I agree 100 percent.

The dude was ready to blow that shit up and build him a new team. Like any NBA player was gonna great that pudgy ass differently than Jordan and crew.

5. wiremaker

wiremaker Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Reinsdorf was asleep at the wheel. How in the hell do you allow Krause’s ego to tank that dynasty? It’s unfathomable to me. I assume-and I’m prepared to be wrong-that Reinsdorf could only get Phil Jackson to agree to that one year, $6 mil contract because Phil told him he’d have to ditch Krause in order to sign a long term deal. The fact that Reinsdorf would not commit to choosing Jordan/Scottie/Phil over Krause is unbelievable. Just unbelievable.

uderricky likes this.