Six Year Records

Discussion in 'Football' started by balash, Oct 19, 2009.

1. balash

balash Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Must be bored or something. Used Max Preps to look up the past 6 years of records for the top 4 railbelt and cook teams to see who has the most consistent success lately:

Juneau 46-17
    Colony 38-19
    North Pole 36-20
    Palmer 34-25

South 41-17
    Bartlett 32-20
    East 32-20
    West 31-21

Chugiak is the next team out at 29-26. Nobody else has a winning record the past six years. Anybody else pleasantly surprised West is on the list? Pretty cool if you ask me.

So, the top 8 teams by records in the past six years:
    1. Juneau
    2. South
    3. Colony
    4. North Pole
    5. Bartlett
    6. East
    7. West
    8. Palmer

2. akcoachj

akcoachj Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Hey balash if it's last seven years were 42-20. :)

3. balash

balash Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

And we'd be 42-23.

I really appreciate and respect all you and your staff are doing at Bartlett. I think providing a solid, healthy football program is a great thing to do. And I'm well aware of the sacrifices required. Way to go coach. And congrats on another state title. Y'all were very deserving this year :)

Peace,
    LB

4. scm343

scm343 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

way to get em coach J !

5. AKFootballBacker

Expand Collapse

So is Coach J suggesting that Bartlett was 10-0 in 2003 if I do the math right that would be the year he is talking about, didn't East and Juneau play in the title game? That would mean that bartlett would have lost at least one game?

6. AKFootballBacker

Expand Collapse

If coach J wants to go back to 02 and the last championship he won that would be 8 seasons.

7. jalockwood61

jalockwood61 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Bartlett failed to make the playoffs in 2003. I think they were something like 2-6.

Undefeated state championship for Bartlett was in 2002, when they were 11-0.

8. words_of_wisdom

words_of_wisdom Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I think coach J was a year off when referring to the 10-0 season because that was in 2002. They only played 10 games that year, i don't remember why. That team is probably the best i've seen up here in Alaska, i'm sure somebody will the dispute that but I haven't seen a better team. Maybe 2004 North Pole or Service with Brandon Drumm but i'd still take 2002 Bartlett.

Thanks for doing that research Balash, I find it a little surprising that 3 of top 4 teams are railbelt because the cook is typically regarded as the dominant conference, not that everybody agrees with that.

However I am curious as to who the team of the decade is, by state championships, final 4 appearances, state title appearances, and overall record, I'll try to do that if I get time. without looking it's either Juneau, bartlett, or dimond, but probably juneau.
    This post was edited on 10/27 8:41 AM by words_of_wisdom

9. red_rover

red_rover Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I'll dispute it (Let the great debate begin!). I still think 2000 Dimond with Chris Kuper was the best team in AK Football history. That team I believe ended being ranked as one of the top football teams in the west or northwest, but it was well before the Rivals and Recruiting Boom of today. I'll even go a step further and say 2000 was one of the best football years in AK History because there were a lot of quality teams. Colony had maybe the best team its ever had with Cole Magner, Bartlett was really good with Tui...last name I forgot. Chugiak had a good team, the talent was deep back then.

10. scm343

scm343 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Bartlett 2002 was ranked 23rd on the west coast and top 100 in the nation, I was on that team but this is just a thought. I do not think that it was the best team in state history however, Service's teams from the late 90's were unbeatable, their team in 1997 was very and I mean very good! As far as Bartlett, the 2000 team was the most talented team we've probably ever had in School history, we were totally loaded that year but lost in the semi to Magner and Colony and 2000 was a great year for football. Here at Bartlett the 1982 team I believe was also very good and very very fast for their time, much like our team was this season, I have heard long time Alaska coaches whom I know very well say that, that team was one of the best if not the best. That being said I would say as a Bartlett guy that the the Service team of 1997 is the best they were totally loaded Brandon Drumm, Justin Syzmanski, T.J. Gittens, etc... I would put our 2002 Bartlett team somewhere in the top 5 maybe, if not the top 10 for sure.

Coach E.
    BHS
    This post was edited on 10/27 1:37 PM by scm343
    This post was edited on 10/27 1:39 PM by scm343
    This post was edited on 10/27 1:39 PM by scm343

11. words_of_wisdom

words_of_wisdom Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Fair enough, I completely forgot about how good the 2000 Dimond team was. 1997 was a couple of years before my time, i didn't really start to follow alaska football until 1999 so I can't argue with that.

I think it would be fun to have a poll of the last 16 state champions on here and see what everyone thinks, however it would probably be useless because theres not a lot of people on these boards.

12. Squelcher

Squelcher Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

East Anchorage class of 88 never lost a game in four years. And really didn't have any close ones.