Shrine Game?

Discussion in 'Football' started by AKFootballBacker, Oct 25, 2009.

1. AKFootballBacker

Expand Collapse

Not too much of an article by ADN, only talked about a few players. No stats or any other details.

Did anyone go to the game that is preps that could give some of us who had to work and missed the opportunity to watch the first indoor football game in High School Football in Alaska more details?

2. red_rover

red_rover Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I didn't go to the game, so I don't have any info for ya.

My question is, is it possible more football games could be played there in the future? It's safe to say the biggest disadvantage for AK is the short season. Maybe play the state championship there? Give everyone an extra game? I know its unlikely, but if there is any way to extend the season, shouldn't it be taken seriously?

3. scm343

scm343 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Cant do the state championship or any other game there. Unfortunetly the field does not have numbers, hash marks, or a score board and is $600.00 an hour to rent the whole thing. The other disadvantage is there is not nearly enough seating for a Varsity game let alone a championship game, at our state game this year from the sidelines it looked like there was 5,000 plus people it looked packed! Be nice to see that if these things are resolved possibly play C-Team games in it? However also I do agree with us here in the AK possibly trying to fit in up to two more regular season games, ten reg, 3 playoff, up to 13 games possible for the champ...

Coach E.
    BHS