Semi-final schedule

Discussion in 'Football' started by balash, Oct 7, 2010.

1. balash

balash Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Anybody know the schedule for this weekend's semi-final games? Haven't seen anything in the news.....

2. LV2COACH

LV2COACH Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

SEMI-FINALS @ AFS
    OCTOBER 8-9, 2010
    ? Oct. 8th ? 7:30pm Colony (visitor) vs. Service (home)
    ? Oct. 9th ? 1:00pm Juneau (visitor) vs. West (home)

SEMI-FINALS @ AFS
    OCTOBER 8-9, 2010
    ? Oct. 8th ? 4:00pm Eielson (visitor) vs. Soldotna (home)
    ? Oct. 9th ? 4:30pm Homer (visitor) vs. Kenai (home)

Does anyone know what radio station the games are going to be on this weekend???

3. AKFootballBacker

Expand Collapse

WHY is the Anchorage School always able to trump an outside of Anchorage team's conference rank?

Colony Has to Visit Service even though Colony won their Conference?

Has there ever been an outside of Anchorage Team allowed to be designated a Home Team?

Recent occurrences of this:

Last Year I believe Palmer was #3 and South was #4
    2008 North Pole
    2007 Juneau if I am Correct
    2006 Most Likely Colony
    2005 Juneau?
    2004 NP to Juneau in Semi's I believe
    2003 Colony?
    2002 Lathrop/Palmer?
    2001 West Valley?

When is this going to stop?

4. akcoachj

akcoachj Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

The reason why is because Anchorage hosts the football state semi's & title game as they got the bid from ASAA.

Fairbanks hosts the track meet.

Chugiak hosts wrestling.

The Valley hosts hockey & baseball.

My opinion look for the state title game to move to Chugiak at some point due to the lockerroom situation at AFS.

Otherwise Matsu, Fairbanks, Kenai Area or Juneau need to bid ASAA for the state football championship.

5. akcoachj

akcoachj Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Bartlett was the away team in the 2000 State Semis vs. Colony.

6. LV2COACH

Expand Collapse

ok a info provided from 10 years ago is really not relivent to today. ASAA has decided that Home teams need to be Anchorage teams because somehow they think Valley fans (who always turn out for their teams) will not turn out. Its crap we all know, but that is ASAA for you. They SCREAM how fair they need to be to the 1A and 2A basketball tournament by putting 1A and 2A on Thursday Friday and Saturday, in the end they lost money, they said its not about money but what did they turn right around and do this year, 3A 4A at the end. ASAA does what it can to help Anchorage teams make it as far as they can, its what they do, in football and basketball. They could really care less about any other tournament other than football and basketball.

It has been said before on here, the ASAA nightmare would be North Pole vs. Juneau in the state championship in football.

7. jalockwood61

jalockwood61 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

My understanding is that the state football championship will always be in Anchorage - it is not subject to bid.

Change in rules governing who was "home team" came after 2007 when Juneau was entitled to be home team in semi-finals against South.

As it was relayed to me, ASAA wanted South to have home side to accomodate their fans and Juneau declined the offer unless the chain gang also went over to the home side. Couldn't move the chain gang, so Juneau remained on the home side. South's fans therefore were mainly on the Juneau side during the first half when Juneau raced to a large lead resulting in a very "eerie feel" to the game. At the request of the South coaching staff, South fans then migrated to the Visitor side for the second half.

Now rule is Anchorage team will always be home team.

8. AK Valley Sports

Expand Collapse

Anchorage has all the facilities the valley has pathetic unsafe fields to play on. It would be an embarrasment to host a semi final or final Even the middle schools have turf fields and no football, how does anchorage get these things. If a team is first seed then they should have home field, cut and clear. The valley teams have just as many spectators if not more when in anchorage. Just like the Palmer/Service game last week palmer had just as many fans if not more. ASAA its about money and thats B.S.

9. LV2COACH

Expand Collapse

Juneau had every right to remain home team, just because of some "eerie feeling" because some south fans were on the Juneau side??? Give me a break thats a load of crap....Iv been to many packed house games at AFS and that "eerie feeling" is not something new. It is about ASAA clearly holding Anchorage teams in a higher esteem. As for the football fields in the valley IDK but I would say Palmer has the nicest stadium and field in the state.... Anchorage you have some nice fields....but keep paying those property taxes!!!