Scores Saturday March 14

Discussion in 'Boys Basketball' started by ArizonaJoe, Mar 14, 2020.

1. ArizonaJoe

ArizonaJoe Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

ACS 48 Grace 46

ACS hits a 3 pointer with one second left to send the Lions to the South-central 3A championship @ ACS

Mt Edgecumbe 51 Sitka 40..... Edgecumbe wins SE 3A

1 ArizonaJoe, Mar 14, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
  2. Arcticchill

Arcticchill Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Poetic considering according to Beth Bragg @ADN, Grace Christian School board members forced their AD Salima to shut down the 2A tourney at the GRACE gym after Friday play before no spectators, while ACS ran the 3A tourney to completion where Grace just lost.

3. _nanook_

_nanook_ Member
    Expand Collapse

Whoa, bitter much?? And for your information, Salima did not shut down the gym for the 2A conference tournament, that decision was made by the 2A tournament directors.

4. Arcticchill

Arcticchill Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Mr. Nanook of supreme knowledge; explain exactly how two other smaller school tournaments continued at ACS and Lumen Christi . . . and the names and school affiliation of the "2A tournament directors."

4 Arcticchill, Mar 15, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
  5. BushAK

BushAK Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I can tell you about the process we went through at Lumen Christi. 10 minutes into our coaches meeting we found out that ASD had cancelled all rentals. The board of control decided to explore alternative venues. However, the decision to continue would need to be approved by each school's superintendent. This was the same process the Aurora Conference went through (I think). We looked at moving our tournament to Grace but that was made unavailable due to each school's administration for the teams that were scheduled to be there (2A). Luckily Lumen Christi allowed us to hold our regional at their gym but for only one day. That move also had to be approved by each school's superintendent.

What I'm getting at is you can't just lump all the tournaments together as each one had a lot of moving parts and needed cooperation from everyone. I'd imagine the problem the Grace School Board had wasn't the tournament itself but rather the amount of people that would be in their facilities. The ACS school board, or whoever calls the shots there, had no such problems ending the tournament on Saturday.