PLAYOFFS!!!

Discussion in 'Football' started by cmr42, Sep 26, 2009.

1. cmr42

cmr42 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

well heres what it looks like....
    West Vs North Pole @ west
    Colony Vs Bartlett @colony

Juneau Vs Chugiak @juneau
    South Vs Palmer@ south

winners of West/North Pole plays winner of colony/bartlett
    then winners of juneau/chugiak plays winner of south/plamer....any Predictions??

2. crimsonbearspride

crimsonbearspride Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

it will be west vs colony and juneau vs. south for the 4th year in a row in the semi's. then for the state game it will be an all railbelt championship with juneau against colony. however these predictions may be very different if juneau's jack perkins and matthew maka cant be healthy come playoff time.

3. jalockwood61

jalockwood61 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

How fitting that Chugiak is the Cook Inlet Conference team that earned the privilege of of being the first team to get to travel to Juneau for a crossover playoff game.

They were fairly vocal in expressing their dissatisfaction on their last trip to Juneau - which probably was due more to the fact Juneau beat them 27-20 in week seven of 2004 and beating them three of the last four times they met.

That was the last time a Cook Inlet team honored Adair Kennedy Park with their presence.

Welcome back to Juneau!

4. LV2COACH

LV2COACH Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Hey Crimson Spider, I hate to break it to you but it wont be those 4 teams for the forth year in a row, first off Service was state champs last year, not west, and Colony lost up in North Pole and was not in the simis the last two years. i promise you that one top team will be upset next weekend, who it will be is left to be seen but its going to be a fun weekend.

5. Why Me???

Why Me??? Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I believe what he was trying to say was that South is meeting up with Juneau for the 4th straight season...

6. bartlett1940

bartlett1940 Member
    Expand Collapse

So im just saying this because everyone needs to know. Bartlett is playing the best football in the state right now. They just came off a huge win against chugiak. 35-3 and have won 4 straight games. Colony is going to have trouble containing bartlett's running backs and bartlett's defense is way to good. Bartlett has way to much speed and this game wont be as close as people think it's going to be.

7. utah_utes_33

utah_utes_33 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Colony has speed, a good defense who can shut teams down, and an offense that can put up points. Bartlett has more athleticism but Colony is a well coached team this year. I think Bartlett will win, but probably by a small margin. In the 4-8 point range.

8. bartlett1940

bartlett1940 Member
    Expand Collapse

I understand that colony has good speed on defense but so did east (41-6),dimond (51-0), and just on thursday they beat chugiak (35-3) all those teams had fast defenses to and we saw what happend there. There isnt any team in the state that can completly contain cyrus cheanult, jamal hale,trent anthony. Those are just three of their backs. this game will be atleast a 14 point game with bartlett moveing on to beat west in the semi-finals.

9. utah_utes_33

Expand Collapse

Did East, Dimond, or Chugiak make the playoffs? I believe Chugiak, East, and Dimond had 6 wins between them.. With 4 coming from Chugiak (correct me if I'm wrong). It's not like Bartlett has beaten the best teams in the past few weeks, and Colony will be the biggest test they've had in a month.

10. crimsonbearspride

crimsonbearspride Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

i dont know about that bartlett1940, colonys defensive line is very explosive. have you had a chance to see juneau's defense? i think both teams have the most explosive defensive line.

11. utah_utes_33

Expand Collapse

I see this as the Anchorage school vs. Non-Anchorage school game.. Where the Anchorage school's fans are overwhelmingly confident. Don't put it past Colony..

Palmer did it to Service in 2007.

12. 04 GMC HD

04 GMC HD Active Member
    Expand Collapse

North Pole is not out yet.

13. slowgun

slowgun Member
    Expand Collapse

Do you play for Bartlett? I'm pretty sure Coach J would ask you stay off the boards and focus on the game this Friday.

14. slowgun

slowgun Member
    Expand Collapse

In reference to bartlett1940.

15. cmr42

cmr42 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

im pretty sure colonys D will be fine seeing how they traveled to juneau and held that explosive crimson bears team to only 11 points, and i might be mistaken but wasnt it a defensive TD and two safeties off the punt on special teams that juneau got points from, and as for bartlett you played east and dimond...scary teams right there, ill give the chugiak win to you for they are a good team but the other two...not so much, colony vs bartlett will be a great game to watch but seeing how its at colony, im giving the win to colony in a close one, for playing there is a hostel inviorment...NP will upset west, juneau beats chugiak and south beats palmer, then NP vs colony and JDHS vs PHS, and i have a juneau colony matchup at AFS with a good game to close to call

16. LV2COACH

LV2COACH Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Not that its that important but Juneau scored the TD on a 1 yard TD run, late in the third. The first safety was a bad snap on a punt, the second was a sack. All that being said, if the Colony offense is unable to move the ball again, and they put all the pressure on their defense again then it could get interesting. All the games could be interesting and have a chance to score a big upset.

17. savioroftheuniverse

savioroftheuniverse Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5YjPteCPLo

18. words_of_wisdom

words_of_wisdom Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

What I find exciting about this years playoffs compared to previous years is that all 8 teams have a chance to win. In years past you know that the 4 seed colony is going to get whooped by North Pole or that #1 seed Juneau is going crush North Pole or whomever there playing. There is more balance and parody this year than I can ever remember. Just think if North Pole pulls it out against Palmer they have a three way tie for the railbelt championship (i'm not sure who would have won in points against and am to lazy to look it up)

To me this means the 4 seed is as good as the 1 seed and every team has a chance this weekend. I don't know about the rest of you but i'm excited about tonight and tomorrow. Good luck to everybody especially North Pole[​IMG] and may the best teams win.

19. 04 GMC HD

04 GMC HD Active Member
    Expand Collapse

Come on now Juneau hasn't crushed NP in the past 2 years.But I would agree with what you are trying to say though. I do believe Juneau would have still taken the Railbelt if there had been a three way tie [colony Juneau NP]

20. jason7

jason7 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

If North Pole had betten Palmer, they would have been the 3 seed based on Points against tie breaker, North Pole trailed Juneau by 4 and Colony by around 10 I believe, they pretty much had to shut out palmer to ahve a chance, but North Pole will be ready to face West, And I think anybody could win the 4A side of things, a lucky break or bad ref call could decide most these games...

21. words_of_wisdom

words_of_wisdom Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I was actually referring back to 2005 for the Juneau crushing north pole example becausse thats what popped into my head. Just the fact that there is always 1 or 2 matchups every year where you know the other team doesn't stand a chance in the first round of the playoffs. The bottom line is there are no guarantees this year and if any team thinks so they are in for a rude awakening.

22. moosinaround

moosinaround Active Member
    Expand Collapse

Awesome vid but what the heck does it have to do with the playoffs?

23. kmch

kmch Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

NP is still not out of it yet.

GO PATRIOTS!!!

24. utah_utes_33

Expand Collapse

The year of the upset....

25. jason7

jason7 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Kinda screwed up all the playof predictions when all the lower seeds won, I cannot believe Chugiak won in Juneau, not an easy feat...so we need new ones out there,what do you guys think, will north pole beat the bears and that wing T, will chugiak be able to slow palmers running game, who makes it to the title game...all good questions....

26. utah_utes_33

Expand Collapse

Well, my playoff predictions are shot! Great upset weekend all across the state in 4A. Going on the road and winning in the playoffs is not easy, but all 4 road teams go the job done. Good work by Palmer, Chugiak, North Pole, and Bartlett, now onto the next round. Why make picks now after those upsets? Now I say.. North Pole is my favorite. But you didn't hear it from me..

27. Faladin

Faladin Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Congrats to Coach J and his Bears. To Balash with the Pat's. Also to Palmer with Christiansen and Shack with Chugiak. Wow is all you can say.

28. utah_utes_33

Expand Collapse

Can only get better this weekend.