Juneau - chugiak

Discussion in 'Football' started by balash, Oct 3, 2009.

1. balash

balash Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

14-8 Chugiak at half time. Second half is just getting under way.

Juneau's Defense had a poor first quarter, really missing Jack Perkins, but adjusted in the 2nd quarter to play better. A questionable fumble by Maka ruined a drive. I'm getting all this info second hand via cell phone. No radio broadcast this week. Will put up other updates as they happen.....

Nole1217 likes this.
  2. balash

balash Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Didn't take long!

Maka goes 70 yards on his first run to open the second half. Blocked PAT (how many can that Chugiak kid block this year?).

14-14

3. moosinaround

moosinaround Active Member
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Man, I'll just keep refreshing.

4. balash

balash Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Juneau got stopped down at 1st and Goal. chugiak has the ball land is driving near midfield.

Still 14-14 with 5 minutes left in the game.

5. balash

balash Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Juneau has the ball on their own 10 yard line with 2 minutes to go. Still 14-14. Maka is out with cramps.

6. balash

balash Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

22 seconds left. 14 all. Juneau punting from deep in their own zone.

Nole1217 likes this.
  7. balash

balash Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Juneau snapped the ball out of the endzone. Safety. chugiak wins 16-14.

That's 4 for 4 upsets.

8. moosinaround

moosinaround Active Member
    Expand Collapse

Holy Cow!!!!! Now what will be the next surprise? Thanks for the updates balash.

9. balash

balash Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Happy to help :) Sad for Juneau. They have a great team. First time to not make the final four since 2002 I think..... Can't help but wonder what would've been different if Perkins was healthy tonight.

Now it's set:

NP vs. Bartlett
    Palmer vs. Chugiak

We'll be getting ready for that wing T.

10. crimsonbearspride

crimsonbearspride Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

juneaus defense definately missed jack perkins tonight. congratulations to chugiak for the win. however i blame the loss to the offensive coordinator. the offensive coordinator is useless and he is overrated becuase he is surrounded by talent every year. he does the same play over and over agian. he constantly runs the ball and always on the same side. you have to pass every once in a while to win a game. your quarterback will never get better if you dont trust him and let him throw the ball every once in a while. i understand that juneau has 2 really good running backs with brooks and maka. but the more they run the ball the more they are likely to get injured or turnover the ball which happened often this year. he also decided to go for it insead of kicking the field goal during the third quarter. what is up with that? those kind of risks you save for when it matters most and that means final minutes of the game. if they would have kicked the field goal they would have won. i think juneau needs to find themselves a better offensive coordinator. anybody else notice this besides me? he kind of did the same thing with alex last year. he would rely on one or two players when he has really good talent surrounding him and he doesnt utilize them. i hope that sjooros will read this and maybe think about some of his coaching strategies.

Nole1217 likes this.
  11. Squelcher

Squelcher Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Cue the crimsonpride bashing in 3, 2, 1,.....

12. kjpriest2

kjpriest2 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Juneau offense:
    2009- 287 points
    2008- 283
    2007- 368
    2006- 311
    2005- 440

Those are some very impressive numbers. The system that Sjroos runs is effective, and he adapts it every year to the players he has. The offense is not at all like when Hinkley was there. Last year, when the offense was sputtering, he put Alex at half-back, and Juneau was able to reel off 4 in a row, and play for the title game. If there is anything that shouldn't be questioned in Alaska football, its Juneau's coaching staff. Just sayin'.

13. akcoachj

akcoachj Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Rich is one of the best coaches in the state period. You are lucky to have him in Juneau. I am sure there aren't any folks waiting in the wings down there that are better. Try it without him and eddie and it wouldn't be good for Juneau football.

14. akcoachj

akcoachj Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Rich is one of the best coaches in the state period. You are lucky to have him in Juneau. I am sure there aren't any folks waiting in the wings down there that are better. Try it without him and eddie and it wouldn't be good for Juneau football.

15. jason7

jason7 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Crimson spider, I maybe would not post any more this year, most of your posts are crazy talk and add nothing positive to the boards, you go with what brought you to the dance, Juneau had a good year...got upset it happens, ask West High and North Pole last year....

16. Squelcher

Squelcher Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

it's not crimsonspider. It's crimson......spride. As in crimsonbearspride. Let's make sure we use the correct name while bashing him.

17. crimsonbearspride

Expand Collapse

no doubt he is one of the best but there are certain calls that make me question him. he did the exact same thing in a 2003 game where he could have kicked the extra point to win the game but went for it instead and lost by one point. situations where he runs the ball on a 3rd and 15 when you are behind late in a football game. im not bringing this up to be an asswhole or to be negative. some juneau kids i played with kind of felt the same way at certain points in the year. he never trusts the passing game this year or last year. then looked what happened, we threw for 295 yards and won.

18. crimsonbearspride

Expand Collapse

anyway enough of the excuses. congratulations to chugiak, palmer, north pole, and bartlett for the wins. every one of you deserve to be in the semi finals. and it will be exciting to see who comes out on top.

19. jason7

jason7 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Sorry, I did get the name wrong, I I missed read it when I typed it, but the point is they have a good coach, sometimes they get things things right and get things wrong, and sometimes teams get upset, it happens, but you should not call your coach out in a public forum, if you really have that big of a problem, talk to him in private, it is easy to coach from the stands...

20. 04 GMC HD

04 GMC HD Active Member
    Expand Collapse

I would say he is a good [COACH] as far as the game goes but he sure wasnt in very good control of a couple (more than 1)of those unsportsmanlike heathens that played for him. That being said Jason7 is correct it got them there and it worked.

21. utah_utes_33

utah_utes_33 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Well, that is why he is the coach and you are not. What if he would have made the two-point conversion in 2003.. you would be speaking of him differently.

All arguments aside, this was a giant win for Chugiak. Not very easy to go to Juneau, especially in the playoffs, and beat the Crimson Bears like the Mustangs did this last Saturday.
    This post was edited on 10/5 5:17 AM by utah_utes_33

Nole1217 likes this.