Fullbacks

Discussion in 'Football' started by 04 GMC HD, Oct 7, 2009.

1. 04 GMC HD

04 GMC HD Active Member
    Expand Collapse

Who is the best Fullback in the state 4A , and 3A. This is such an underated position . I was just wondering .

2. scm343

scm343 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

This is an underrated position. The best fullback in my opinion is Jamal Hale from Bartlett, and yes he is a FULLBACK, we run the Wing T. Jamal is 125 yards away from breaking our all time school rushing record. He is by and far the best player, on and off the field that I have ever coached!

Coach E.
    BHS
    This post was edited on 10/7 7:35 AM by scm343

3. jalockwood61

jalockwood61 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Jack Perkins from Juneau - limited touches, but very explosive and effective

4. iamnotfromnorthpole

iamnotfromnorthpole Active Member
    Expand Collapse

Did Juneau use him as a blocking Fullback as well?

5. cbears54

cbears54 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

They used him as a blcoker as well so yes. and silver maake was also effective blocking for juneau

6. Herda-Berta

Herda-Berta New Member
    Expand Collapse

r plyu

t
    This post was edited on 10/8 6:06 PM by Herda-Berta

7. 04 GMC HD

04 GMC HD Active Member
    Expand Collapse

Ok how about Blocking fullbacks

8. datt_guy

datt_guy Member
    Expand Collapse

gotta go with jamal hale----explosive, see the field real well, and can lay down vicious blocks-----can also be a be a slick decoy for defenses that can't read the wing-t. jamal hale hands down.

9. BigBlade

BigBlade Member
    Expand Collapse

Bartletts defence got to play the toughest hardest hitting fullback in the state Friday night. North Poles # 35 Alex Innes hits like a freight train. He should have won the first team all conference Railbelt award but was not nominated for his efforts. This kid loves what he does . He goes out lays the big hits down and makes his blocks. Perkins is ok Hale is ok but hands down Innes was the best in the state. If you dont believe it watch some tape

10. cbears54

Expand Collapse

I would respectfully disagree. Jack perkins is a beast. he was a monster blocking for the leading rusher in the state before the playoffs started in matthew maka. he was also very affective catching passes out of the back field. the kid your talking innes if very good but ill take hale or perkins over him anyday. i dont know much about hale but ive heard nothing but good thing about this player. i would say these guys are top 3 though for sure

11. BigBlade

BigBlade Member
    Expand Collapse

I wouldnt expect anything less from you .You no nothing of Innes and almost nothing of Hale. GMC changed the question to blocking fullback Hale is a fullback in the wing T . Mostly a running full back. He is good but Innes hits like a train. Perkins was hyped all year and he is good but I believe he was highly overated

12. cbears54

Expand Collapse

im pretty sure i watched the innes kid play 2 times this year. he is a very good fullback and linebacker. he hits hard. but perkins was a beast this year when he played. he did sit out 2 games with injurys but when he was on the field he was good. blocked his ass off for maka who i think lead the state in rushing and he a beast catching the ball out of the back field. but blocking backs these 2 were 1a and 1b in the railbelt. if i was voting i would have given it to innes because he was very good at his job plus he played every game

13. scm343

scm343 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Just for the record, yes Jamal is mostly a "Running" Fullback, but he is a very tough kid, and will hit you, maybe like a semi, not too sure about a freight train. Once again, hands down the best Fullback around. All time leading rusher in Bartlett history, think about all the great backs we've had here...

Coach E.

14. BigBlade

BigBlade Member
    Expand Collapse

Ah he is fast but skinny Wont take anything away from his running skills but he hits more like a Ugo or a Kia Spectra . He needs a little more weight behind him

15. A.King24

A.King24 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

scm343 are you coach evans?

16. scm343

scm343 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

WOW Coach E.....

No actually I am the mother of one of the graduated players but there are a couple of people that use my account to post (which is OK... you know who you are haha)Coach Esparza

This post was edited on 10/15 4:33 PM by scm343

17. dialed_in

dialed_in Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Well one kid from chugiak wes rabung seems to have the blockin aspect down. he has had a solid year leading the way for Chugiaks leading rusher Grahamm. does anyone have numbers for which fullback has the most yards?

18. bigtuna5

bigtuna5 New Member
    Expand Collapse

This post was edited on 10/30 10:12 AM by bigtuna5

19. scm343

scm343 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Jamal Hale Bartlett 1,260 yds, over 3,000 yards in his career at Bartlett. Our schools all time leading rusher.

20. MooseFootball

MooseFootball New Member
    Expand Collapse

I know I may be a little biased but I really can't believe that Coleman Aherns is not even mentioned on here...I think he led the state in rushing touchdowns...even more than the state leading rusher he blocked for here at Palmer. Five on Wasilla and Six on South...just saying...