coronavirus: where does everyone stand?

Discussion in 'Girls-Basketball' started by Popcorn Sutton, Apr 9, 2020.

1. FLOPJOHNSON

FLOPJOHNSON Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Nope, no family no nothing. It was only recently that I was allowed to go.

2. Cards1968

Cards1968 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Wifes work has had 8 positive cases in the past week. That's the same amount as the entire outbreak prior. While not a huge proponent of freedom inhibiting measures, this is most definitely not fake news. There's a lot of virus out there.

We were supposed to be on a big vacation this past week but stayed close to home instead in hopes of staying healthy until X-mas so we can get back to see family. Recommend getting tickets soon before the layoffs come Oct 1st, as we got round trip 1st class for under a grand for both of us a few weeks ago. Bought insurance for the 1st time too.

IMO, it will be 2022 before we're back to 'normal'.

3. swyts

swyts Active Member
    Expand Collapse

I was hopeful Florida's numbers would subside this week so we could tell everyone to fvck off, but that doesn't appear to be the case. Now I assume it just needs to burn itself out to get to the backside of the curve. I'm still hopeful for August, but it looks like July is going to be a bust now.

A friend of mine has a Bahamas trip scheduled to start next weekend, and he's damn near in a panic as he plans to launch his boat from Ft. Lauderdale. By "panic," I mean having quarantine restrictions, which would pretty much end the week long trip. IIRC, the Bahamas imposed a 14 day quarantine for people traveling there when NY was blowing up, and now Florida appears to be the new hot zone.

4. Even Janitor

Even Janitor Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Just looking at the Florida new case and death rate. Looks like the new case rate is way up, but the death rate is basically flat. Which begs the question: Are new cases basically flat and we're just testing more?

I would contend that is the case because the "quarantine" was utter bullshit and nobody really stayed home.

5. Gavin.

Gavin. Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

damn that sounds miserable

FLOPJOHNSON likes this.
  6. Gavin.

Gavin. Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

damn that sounds miserable

FLOPJOHNSON and Cards1968 like this.
  7. Even Janitor

Expand Collapse

I might riot bruh.

FLOPJOHNSON and Cards1968 like this.
  8. wiremaker

wiremaker Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

It’s all around me. Coworkers, friends of friends, kids at school practicing sports, etc. I haven’t changed my routines at all, but it’s definitely picked up around here (Nashville).

9. Gavin.

Gavin. Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

if they cancel college football this year im going to fucking lost it

got a buddy that coaches at the citadel as is 100% positive they dont play ball in the fall

i told him to kindly fuck himself

10. Even Janitor

Expand Collapse

Really? You're probably the only person I've talked with that knows more than 2-3 people that have had it.

Of course I don't really ask people about their lives because I'm a dooshbag.

wiremaker likes this.
  11. wiremaker

wiremaker Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

The ones I posted are all from this week. I know way more than those.

That said, Tennessee gives zero fvcks.

Even Janitor likes this.
  12. Even Janitor

Expand Collapse

I personally know 3 people who have had it. One coworker of mine got it in like march or april so pretty early on, and a couple that my wife and I hang out with a lot got it about 2 weeks ago. We actually had dinner with them a few days before they tested positive so it's possible I got it from them. Nobody in my house ever showed any symptoms though.

I, like Tennessee, give zero fvcks.

wiremaker likes this.
  13. BamaCharlie

BamaCharlie Member
    Expand Collapse

It kills me. I know on the Mainboard we're supposed to be above base pleasures of the common man, but I'm crushed by this. Team is good enough to win a natty and there's only so many Saban years left and we are going to burn a year over a politicized nothingburger. No USC game, no annual guys trip to an away game (was going to be Memphis and then down to Ole Miss), no revenge for the losses last year.

I hate to be Fraggle about it, but with the data, the way the data is being reported, and the decisions made with the data, it seems like all this bc Orange Man Bad, and that is so infuriating. College football isn't so much political as it is protecting itself from lawsuits, but the only reason it's worried about that is the insane environment created by the media and those aimed at hurting Trump. Again, it would otherwise be conspiracy silliness, but there's no other way to take the data and come up with the BS we are seeing.

Fvcking sucks

Magnum GI, mln59, swyts and 2 others like this.
  14. Even Janitor

Expand Collapse

It's certifiably insane to have classes on campus, and then not play football. You'd have all the traveling that students do, intermingling, bars, hooking up, etc. just without a football game at the end of the week. Makes zero sense. They could even do it without fans and ban tailgating if they really wanted to. It would be so simple. But they have to bend the knee to make it look like they're preventing the spread. The inconsistent logic is what pisses me off.

15. Gavin.

Gavin. Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

1) correct

2) this is the only reason why they are so hesitant because even if you have 1 death in all of college football you will have...

3)...the fucking media blow it up and point to it as being awful for anyone to consider playing ball because "1 life lost is 1 life too much"

MIV and mln59 like this.
  16. swyts

swyts Active Member
    Expand Collapse

Apologies for getting the 19th hole killed. Well, I blame it all on feet, but he finally got me to call him an "insufferable asshole," which was the final straw for me, I guess. Dude had gotten like 5 people banned from there already, so I asked L. if he was really solving the problem by banning people other than him. Killing it entirely was his answer.

For those not there: we basically had a stumpfan wannabe on a private Bama board who kept goading people into arguments and whining to admins when people told him to shut the fvck up. I mean, someone did directly threaten his life, but the rest were pretty benign. RINO type of guy who sucked off Obama for 8 years, whined incessantly about Trump, and was a big "team death" guy with the Rona.

I was FOBAMA over there for those Obama years.

17. BamaCharlie

BamaCharlie Member
    Expand Collapse

That Feet guy is such a, well, insufferable asshole, and it sucks he basically got what he wanted by ruining it for everyone. My mother in law does the same passive aggressive shit - constant pot stirring but without any outward actions, then react with feigned surprise when people react the way she was pushing for, all so she can act blameless when people get upset. The fvcking worst.

Anyway, it has just really hit like a ton of bricks that we aren't getting football this season for the most absurdly insane reasons. We are renovating a house and my happy place to get through all this bullshit was the thought of watching the Tennessee game in my new house and now that's fvcking gone.

swyts likes this.
  18. Gavin.

Gavin. Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

where the hell was my invite to this?

:(

swyts likes this.
  19. swyts

swyts Active Member
    Expand Collapse

I thought you were an Auburn fan for quite a while.

20. Gavin.

Gavin. Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

wow

swyts, MIV and Cards1968 like this.
  21. lucio

lucio Active Member
    Expand Collapse

We have 800 people in our Guatemala factory and have 89 positives. Plus we have like 150 in out corporate offices and we have about 25 cases.

BTW I was the first positive case in our company back in early march and #13 case in the country

22. Gavin.

Gavin. Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

damn wish you had died

oh well

how was the rona?

23. lucio

lucio Active Member
    Expand Collapse

The Rona was ok, I had pneumonia pero after 4 or 5 days I was ok

Cards1968 and Gavin. like this.
  24. Cards1968

Cards1968 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Loss of taste and smell?

25. lucio

lucio Active Member
    Expand Collapse

Not really, I just lost my appetite. I had chills a couple of days.

Cards1968 likes this.