Colony ... The Power House?

Discussion in 'Football' started by TheYoungGun, Sep 20, 2009.

1. TheYoungGun

TheYoungGun Member
    Expand Collapse

It seems like since the Magner / Schwartzbauer days that Colony just does not lose on the varsity or JV level.

Will their Junior Varsity go undefeated this season? What are the records of Jv teams around the state?

2. utah_utes_33

utah_utes_33 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Though they have not won the state championship? They got there once with Chebon Jiminez but faltered. I would not say that they do not lose, especially on varsity, being that they have lost, many times since Magner/Schwartzbauer departed.

3. TheYoungGun

TheYoungGun Member
    Expand Collapse

Alright wrong choice of words, but I will admit I was just trying to get the run down on Jr Varsity records around the state lol. I figured out of the 100 hits someone would of helped out... I figured what better way to hook the reader than an ignorant statement such as: "Colony never loses" but do not get me wrong, their winning pct has to be fairly high (minus when it matters most) over the past couple seasons ...

4. bartlett1940

bartlett1940 Member
    Expand Collapse

Bartletts JV would DESTROY colonys. It would be over by the first half.

5. utah_utes_33

utah_utes_33 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Possibly biased bartlett1940...

6. scm343

scm343 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

hey might be biased, however Bartletts JV was 8-0 and there closest game was 34-18. They were the best JV weve had here, but success on JV dont mean anything unless you win on Varsity. Anyway get'em Willie!

Coach E.

7. akghost

akghost Member
    Expand Collapse

I did attend most of the games of the Bartlett jv. From what I saw I have to say the defense of the jv team was superb. Although the quarterback position should be addressed. To say the least his hand offs were great, everything else was bad. But what can you say about a run first offense with a freak offensive pass at least once a half. If the pass could be worked on this future varsity team could be unstopable. I think the next few years of the Bartlett team will be contenders regardless of the quarterback.