best team of the decade?

Discussion in 'Football' started by crimsonbearspride, Nov 21, 2009.

1. crimsonbearspride

crimsonbearspride Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

people can argue on who they thought was the best team of the decade but what do you guys think?

2. red_rover

red_rover Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I think it comes down to two teams; 2000 Dimond and 2002 Bartlett. 2000 Colony would be third. All three are from early in the decade but I think these are the best.

3. waterbug12

waterbug12 Active Member
    Expand Collapse

Dont forget 2004 North Pole team, besides there first and only loss of the season they killed everyone.

4. kupe_25

kupe_25 New Member
    Expand Collapse

the 2000-2001 dimond team takes it by far. they were ranked 10th in the nation and had victories over two lower 48 teams. Notre Dame(Riverside,California) and Highschool football powerhouse Bishop Gorman (Las Vegas, Nevada). As well as a win over a great Colony team in state.

5. ascorbates

ascorbates Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

2007 Soldotna Stars baby! they whooped everybody with SOOOOHHIIII STYLE! utter domination of the entire state if they had the chance, probably the entire nation.

6. scm343

scm343 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Dimond's 2000 was ranked 10th on the west coast not the nation. They were very very good however! East 2003 was pretty talented as well and go forgotten, South 2006 was loaded they are probably near the top of the list, Juneau 2005 was really good. Bartlett 20002 a team which I played on was stacked and was very talented 10-0 ranked 23rd of the west coast. I would say Dimond 2000, Bartlett 2002, South 2006 in no particular order....

Coach E
    This post was edited on 11/23 7:32 AM by scm343

7. Bockeroo

Bockeroo Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

im pretty sure shannon sawyer got every single tackle for palmer in the 2006 season. shannon sawyer, best team of the decade

8. cbears54

cbears54 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

i would think the 2005 juneau team would be better then the 2006 south team. juneau was loaded that year. hinkley put up monster numbers and saldivar was a beast in the backfield. fagerstrom at wr was very good. josh lehuli was a very good middle linebacker. that team was very good

9. ab50

ab50 Member
    Expand Collapse

sohi? really? 04 kenai would stomp sohi! to put sohi as the best team of decade is an insult

10. southeast17

southeast17 Active Member
    Expand Collapse

To say that Sohi team is the best of the decade is stupid. Ill give you the fact that they are the best small school team in the state every year it seems, however they refuse to even play the big programs I know juneau has tried to play them at least twice and they have refused. And Juneau anymore dosent even have many more kids than SOHI does.

11. drizzlesizzle

drizzlesizzle New Member
    Expand Collapse

2003 EAST ANCHORAGE THUNDERBIRD'S!!! They had one dimension offense and they still won with Laws to Flair and teams still couldn't hold them down. Flair was getting tripled team yo and nobody still could stop the man. the previous game before state the defense had made a goal line stand son! A goal line stand! team was stacked with a whole bunch of guys who played for each other. These guys were ballers!!! No one predicted them to win that year either especially against a Juneau team that crushed them at home in the beginning of the season. It was supposed to be a blowout but I think not son! Them boys had them Wheaties that morning b!

12. scm343

scm343 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Ok some things wrong with this post. Not the team, I believe they are in the hunt but the facts. East was ranked in the top 5 in the state, I know I was a senior at Bartlett this year and they killed us. (We were ranked #1 at the beginning of the season, for no apparent reason... We ended 2-6, not good). This East team was not one dimensional they had some good kids on defense, 3 guys that went D1 Joe Lyman, Tonga Tea, and Kylan Robinson... thats pretty stacked to me.... Next a goal line stand is a goal line stand, calm down buddy, its a great thing but it wont make you the team of the decade. They were the favorites to win it all too BTW they had the most returning talent at the beginning of the season. Again, very talented team that goes forgotten, but not the best of the decade, in the top ten though! ;-)

Coach E.