Southeast!

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Notorious Baller, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Notorious Baller

Notorious Baller
    Expand Collapse

Sitka- wins it
    Juneau- comes down to championship game... sorry juneau not this year
    Ketchikan- they can pull off the cinderella...

2. Mac-allister

Mac-allister
    Expand Collapse

A prediction from the interior:

West Valley: Has a lot of seniors, but I have heard they are having a problem with a few key players not making grades. They will be competitive none the less.

Lathrop: They are young and have no pitching

Eielson: Talent is way down than in previous years. Not going to be a threat, in my opinion.

North Pole: I believe North Pole will win regions. In my opinion they have the best pitching staff and with the new coaching, they will be very competitive.

The Mac region should send North Pole as the number one seed and West Valley as the number two seed to state. Hows Anchorage looking?

3. akball4life

akball4life
    Expand Collapse

how do you have sitka winning it?

4. luthersanchez

luthersanchez
    Expand Collapse

lets look at the teams with there tallent

Juneau: Cohen, Mahar, Baker, millay and bavard as some of there key players, pitching will be down a bit as they lost Rudd, Kohan, Ward, but cohen and mahar are 2 extremely tough outs.

Sitka: Venneberg, Reynolds, Houston, and Johnson should be there better hitters. sitka isn't quite as deep this year but they have excellent young talent and should be an excellent matchup for juneau

Ketchican: Ruaro, Klein, Brooks, Hanas, and lindgren. dont fall asleep on these guys as they have a solid squad that is filled with juniors who saw their chance at state slip away with a walk off homerun last year in regionals, they will be hungary and pesky. i see them pulling off a few wins at home and maybe a game or 2 on the road. their weakness (as it always seems it is) will be pitching. if they can get some solid starts out of brooks they got a decent shot at commin out of South east.

5. homerun_threat

homerun_threat
    Expand Collapse

sitka will be good they have good young talent michael matts? can really hit the ball same with rosss venneberg they should be good in middle order besides that they have a couple okay hitters not much pitching, i've heard juneaus coach wants to quit, as for ketchikan they should be good

6. akball4life

akball4life
    Expand Collapse

well i don't know where you heard that the Juneau coach wants to quit but that is not the case. so far what everyone says has been pretty much right about the teams as far as pitching goes. Whoever has the best pitching will probably take the region. Hitting is pretty even throughout the teams. Although with O'neil gone, Juneau is returning the two top home run hitters in southeast with Cohen and Mahar

7. homerun_threat

homerun_threat
    Expand Collapse

Ketchikan has the best pitching no flame throwers but big depth Sitka loses oneill But benneberg has tremendous power and matts should have a breakout ayear at regions him n vennebwrt had 5total hrs vs Ketchikan overall it should be good games with works wining state I think

8. KitKat10

KitKat10
    Expand Collapse

lol i dunno about sitka winning this year, but one thing i do know is that the teams up north have no chance at winning state for the next 5 years. I really think state is up for grabs for juno and sitka, both have nice squads returning this year. Sitka lost some players but still return their ace-Ross Venneburg who is also a great hitter when he connects. They also have Houston who will play up the middle somewhere, and the rest of the cast. Juneau returns alot of talent from last years state title team. They also lost alot of key seniors too, Kohan, Buzz Ward, S.Ibesate, Rud, and Millay. 3 of which are now playing college ball. Juno returns mahar, bavard, cohen, Dakota smith, and cast. Who will have the best pitching is really what it comes down to.

9. lt.sdangle

lt.sdangle
    Expand Collapse

For the most part, id have to agree with lutharsanchez, this kid knows what hes talkin about, sounds like hes been lookin up to these kids for quite sometime. Id say its between sitka and juneau though, ktown is pesky but not pesky enough. It will b another battle. as for this home run threat kid? please, ive heard of ross venneberg, but michael matz?? really? the kid just cant handle the preasure, he gets all nervous when stepin to the plate. The kid hit a homerun in wrangell...what is it like 190 ft. in center? haha maybe next year kid. Id start daniel bartlett at third over him.

-lt.sdangle out like jess coltharp stealing 2nd base

10. Luther_is_nothing9

Luther_is_nothing9
    Expand Collapse

haha thats funny this is obviously jess coltharp, ricky sheahan, slater ferguson r jarred lb rivera funny kids
    - luther is nothin

11. luthersanchez

luthersanchez
    Expand Collapse

Venneberg will be throwin smoke. nuff said

-Luther is out like Slater fergusons first 10 at bats

12. lt.sdangle

lt.sdangle
    Expand Collapse

Venneberg will be throwin smoke for sure. As for this Slater ferguson? I heard he made varsity his senior year (although he didnt play much) he made the team w/ zero experience. and ive seen the kid throw, hes got a cannon. the kids athletic, he just needs more time and he'd b right up there w/ the rest of the team (thats been playin their whole lifes).
    -dangle out like unc in the sweet sixteen

13. Luther_is_nothing9

Luther_is_nothing9
    Expand Collapse

jessie coltharp is luther...as for dangle im gonna go with slater r ricky..

-luther is nothin

14. s-town bombers

s-town bombers
    Expand Collapse

I would have to agree, Micheal Matts is crap. cant hit a ball to save his life. I think it all comes down to this, where will daniel bartlett decide to play?
    -s-town bombers out like An oppo shot in ktown.

15. akball4life

akball4life
    Expand Collapse

who is daniel bartlett?

16. lt.sdangle

lt.sdangle
    Expand Collapse

moved up from california to sitka, heard hes the real deal.

17. johnnywishbone

johnnywishbone
    Expand Collapse

It's going to be a 3-team dogfight. Those of you overlooking Kayhi are going to be in for a big surprise.
    They have a great coach, lots of pitching and a really deep offense.

Some of your guy's comments about SE lead me to believe you haven't really watched much baseball!!

K. Craig is the catalyst for the Kings and will be all southeast. He's got college potential. Klein will lead Kayhi and maybe SE in home runs. Wadley and Hanis are both excellent hitters. Singstad, Ruaro, Brooks lead a deep talented pitching staff.

As for Michael Matz.
    He is a great, great baseball and basketball player. But he wasn't even a full time starter last year, I doubt he's going to step up and dominate this year.
    The kid can FLAT OUT HIT. But he's got a tremenous attitude problem and that's what has hindered him for years.
    Conway has set up such an amazing baseball system in Sitka, I hope he can take Matz under his wing and teach him some sportsmanship. If he gets his temper under control, he could play D1 college ball.

Sitka will be tough. Conway is a great coach and Sitka has turned into the best high school program in the state. Vennenberg is tough. They are state contenders every year.

Juneau has more kids to choose from than Kayhi and sitka, so they will always have a natural advantage. Plus with the opening of their indoor facility - for year round play - and the studs they are returning . . . Juneau is always a state title contender.

In my opinion, this is the best Kayhi team in the last several years. Coach Craig has put together a strong group of players and they will battle Juneau and Sitka to the last out of every game.

Should be one of the closest and most exciting seasons in years!

18. akball4life

akball4life
    Expand Collapse

I agree, As far as pitching goes it's gunna be spread pretty thin throughout the league, one or two good pitchers on each team. Hitting is pretty even. I'm gunna say 1. Juneau 2. Ketchikan 3. Sitka It's gunna be close this year

19. luthersanchez

luthersanchez
    Expand Collapse

well if it is all about pitching this year like everybody (including me) is saying, then sitka has gotta be the favorite. they have Ross venneberg who is gonna be the best pitcher in southeast (possibly the state) and with the State tourny the way it is with a one game elimination if it is sitka vs juneau again then pitching is in sitka's favor. juneau's staff is deeper though so dont be suprized if their regular season record is better than sitka's. i think as long as sitka makes it out of regions they have got another title. but ketchican could definatly upset juneau or sitka. im sorry but klein wont lead south east in Homeruns, the kid can hit but he Gets about as many strike outs as singles. and keavin has a good contact but he is a liability on defence.

Should be a great season

-luther, all day

20. Taze Mebro

Taze Mebro
    Expand Collapse

Great predictions but, Craig HS has a kid they call Dirty Domingo. He is a transfer from Columbia, the family is in the witness protection program, so don’t tell anyone. Come SE tourney look-out boyz. He throws from the left and right, spots 90 mph fastball and a knee buckling hook. Craig will not show him to you until SE. If Dirty has to move again, I would say Juno has the fewest excuses not to take 1st in SE. Reload factor plus the Field House they built. Assuming they were getting work in. The best teams will be decided by the production of the 5-9 in each others line ups. Way too much focus on the top dawgs of each squad. And yes pitching that is not lights out AND DEEP, better not walk BATTERS or they are toast. The depth of those squads will be the 3-4 rotation pitchers. Remember the Alamo and Dirty Domingo eats POWER HITTERS for snacks.